Friday 16 May 2014

Beauty Review: Carmex Mint Moisturising Lip Balm


Anyone who has been into a Primark store recently knows that Primark offers a range of products other than just clothes and accessories, and as with most stores these products are placed right next to the payment counter. Sometime last year I made the usual stop at Primark..Okay, I confess, it was my umpteenth stop during my two week stay...As I dragged the Primark bag on the floor beside me, with additional items in my arms, I spotted a bowl of lip balm just as I was about to pay...and as I always do, I bought a product which I had not intended to buy...That's how the journey between my Carmex lippie and I began:

Packaging: It comes in a tube, which is super convenient, because it means that you do not have to constantly  stick your bacteria infested fingers into it. I have been using this lippie for about a year now and I think the tube is manufactured so that you use every last bit of it (just squeeze from the bottom), which is a plus in my books.

Directions: Apply liberally and evenly as often as necessary. For external use only.

My two kobos:
I love this lip balm. It is the only lip balm that I have consistently used over a long period of time. It smells like mint and feels minty, which is stating the obvious. I feel that a little goes a long way. I try to avoid putting too much on, otherwise it gives that 'ororo' look (like you have just eaten really greasy fried plantains). Once applied, it gives off a tingly sensation on your lips...which makes you feel like it must be working...I use this through out the day because I have really dry lips..it usually sits on my desk at work or in my purse...I find that when I use it consistently it makes my lips feel really moisturised and they look it too!

Where can you get it in Nigeria:
Generally, try any pharmacy around you...
I spotted some Carmex lippies (the ones in the Jars though) at the CasaBella Beauty Store at the Palms, Lekki.

What's your favourite Lip Balm?

Share if you dare!

xo

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment