Tuesday 20 May 2014

SWATCH AND REVIEW: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked

One area I cannot seem to conquer is my eyebrows. They are really bushy and grow in an annoying shape, that defies "the Arch" (the eyebrow shape everyone and their mother seems to be rocking these days).

I have several eyebrow products ranging from regular eyebrow pencils to eyebrow gels to eyebrow powders. I use all these in varying degrees and have been known to combine quite a few different products to achieve the semblance of a decent brow. 

I first read about the MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked on Makeup Game On Point. I remember getting to the MAC counter and trying so hard to remember what the eyebrow pencil was called. I decided to ask for the "twisty eyebrow pencil" that would suit my complexion (MAC NW45). The busy attendant handed me the pencil in Spiked. Later on I discovered that I had gotten just what I wanted.

What MAC says:
Self-propelling, self-sharpening, brow defining. Confidently adds what you need: shape, colour, density in one streamlined tool. Like a pen, creates its own just-right point. Provides definition, shape, deepens/fills in colour. Creates striking arches. Easy to tote around. No sharpener needed. 

Swatches:
Here I apply the eyebrow pencil in (1) one stroke (2) two strokes (3) three strokes (4) about five or six strokes.

My two kobos:
This is one of my favourite eyebrow products. The consistency of the product is not waxy and so does not smudge. I have very oil skin, so the less waxy the better. It doesn't apply heavily and so with light strokes, it is easy to attain a natural look or with heavier strokes, a more dramatic eyebrow. I use this alot and I find that it does not last as long as my N100 eyebrow pencils. While it does not require a sharpener, you have to be careful not to twist out too much of the product, because one, it breaks off with too much pressure and two, once you have twisted out the product, you cannot twist it back in.
 
Overall, I really like this eyebrow pencil and I have and will purchase again.

Where can you get it in Nigeria:
Any MAC Store around you.
There's one at The Palms, Lekki and another at the Ikeja Shopping Mall in Lagos.

MAC Palms
Shop 19A, The Palms Shopping Mall,
Ozumba Mbadiwe Rd,
Lekki, Lagos
01-2959948

MAC Ikeja
Shop L 53 Ikeja City Mall,
Obafemi Awolowo Way,
Ikeja, Lagos.
01-2955953

xo

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment